Ah summer..It’s a real love/hate relationship when it comes to dealing with your hair in the warmer months of the year. When heat waves attack, the last thing you want is long and unmanageable locks. Not only does a long mane create sweat, discomfort and a whole lotta frizz, it is incredibly hard to style in humid temperatures. For these reasons, short hair is definitely the winner during the warmer months. These are the best short cuts for manageable hair this Summer:
Side Part Lob Cut
Red carpet and movie mogul, Margot Robbie knows how to summer with this super simple but elegant short style. Styled with loose S-waves, this look is the perfect day to night style. Stylist tip: Use your ghd Styler or Tong to create soft waves and lightly finish with Oribe Apres Beach Shine & Wave Spray.
Blondes Have More Summer Fun
Luxe stylist Jessica, shows the world that when you give a girl’s blonde locks a chop for Summer, she can take on anything. Whether you decide to leave it dry naturally after a day at the beach or rock a half-up half-down look, a short blonde look can do no wrong through the warmer months. Don’t forget to keep your blonde looking fresh through summer, especially if you are sporting a new style. We recommend Kerastase Blonde Absolu range for ultimate blonde care.
Take A Walk on the Wild Side
If you have taken the leap of faith and opted for the short hair style, why not be adventurous with your new look? Keeping it short doesn’t mean you have to keep it tame all of the tame. Talk a walk on the wild side by mixing up your parting or creating intense volume and texture. New to the short hair game – add a Texturizing Spray to your styling arsenal. We love Davines Dry Texturizer for giving short hair a full-bodied and tousled looking without weighing it down.
French Girl Chic
What do you get when you combine bangs, a short cut and all the texture in the world? A beautiful French girl masterpiece. More and more we are finding the Parisian girl being requested in the salon as it combines sophistication with edginess. Alexa Chung may be well-known for her keen fashion eye, but her perfectly tousled French Girl hair is equally worthy of attention. Alexa is the epitome of effortless chic.
Afraid of Commitment?
Attached to your tresses but still wanting a shorter change? If you’re a girl that doesn’t want to commit to short hair, this is the perfect length for you. While it’s short enough to keep you cooler in Summer, it still maintains a length to make you feel like you have still kept the length. This is also the perfect length for the ladies out there who are constantly switching between a messy buns to pony-tails to loose curls and is incredibly versatile.
Wanting a Summer change but aren’t ready to lop off the tresses you’ve felt like you’ve been growing for years? Not to worry, we’ve come up with some Summer hair tips that will allow you to hold onto that much loved hair.
- Side Swept Highlights and Face Framing: When booking in with your colourist for a Summer refresh, request some Face Framing foils to add depth and softness to locks, especially when left wavy and parted to the side.
- Au-Natural: As the weather heats up, let your hair do it’s thing (naturally), with a little help from a leave in treatment or anti-frizz products. We can’t get enough of Olaplex’s No.6 Bond Smoother in Summer as it defies frizz and humidity and leaves hair feeling soft and hydrated all while repairing the hair.
- Play around with pastels: Summer is the perfect time to have a bit of fun with your hair. Add some pink conditioner in your routine for a low maintenance playfulness, well suited to sipping cocktails by the ocean or jet setting.
- When the days get longer, blondes should get blonder: Ask your Colourist to selectively paint the brightest of blonde’s throughout your hair for eye-catching pops of colour.
- Create Texture in Straight Hair: Messing up straight hair on purpose gives a more down to earth feel, perfect for the gritty summer months. This can be achieved by sleeping with braided hair or spritzing through some Sea Salt Spray when the hair is damp.